This green juice is smooth and delicious, but don’t let that fool you, that there aren’t powerful things happening when you drink it. The broccoli and cabbage in this beauty fight inflammation with their high levels of sulfur and phosphorous, while the ginger gives inflammation the final KO with a compound called gingerols.
Juicing is a great way to add additional servings of vitamin and mineral-rich vegetables to your diet. Vegetable juices are easy to digest. I find that I tend to juice a lot of foods that I would have a hard time eating in larger quantities, but that pack a huge nutritional punch (think mint leaves, cilantro, parsley, ginger, etc).
I created this particular juice to be a smooth and tasty way to get some key anti-inflammatory compounds into your diet, in particular to support joint and cartilage health.
Key Healing Ingredients:
- Broccoli – high in sulforaphane, which has been shown to slow down the rate of damage to cartilage in people with Osteoarthritis.
- Ginger – contains potent anti-inflammatory compounds called gingerols.
- Cabbage – contains phosphorus which helps to ease joint pain and stiffness.
Give it a try and let me know what you think.
- 2 Tbsp Mint Leaves
- 1 Cup Spinach
- 3 Stalks Celery
- ½ Cucumber
- 1 Cup Green Cabbage
- 1 Cup Broccoli (Stalks & Florets)
- ½ Red Apple
- 1 Small Lemon (3/4 of the peel removed)
- 1 Thumb-Sized Piece Fresh Ginger (peeled)
- Wash and chop all ingredients. Run through juicer.